One Step are working with a highly respected architectural metal-work and bespoke steel fabrication specialist and due to an increased workload are looking for an estimator to join the team. The ideal candidate will have experience as an estimator having worked in the metalwork or associated construction industry trade for a minimum of 3 years.
Working in the busy estimating and sales office producing accurate quotations and negotiating tenders with our clients. You will also be working closely with the contracts and design department at both pre-submission and post Order stage.
- Estimating architectural metalwork, secondary steelwork & structural steel
- Reading architects and engineers drawings
- Material takes off’s and tender summaries
- Obtaining supplier quotations and negotiating
- Preparing quotations to meet deadlines
- Drafting detailed quotations
- Liaising with clients to discuss the tender submissions
- Sales follow ups of Quotations
- Attending client meetings and occasional site visits
- Working with other departments
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Understanding of metalwork or associated trade
- Background in construction industry or manufacturing
- Good IT skills and be an excellent communicator
- Ably to work well in a team and with good people skills
- Ably to work on own initiative and self-motivated
- Good planning and organisational skills
- Positive attitude to work with attention to detail
- Flexible approach and able to prioritise tasks
This is a permanent appointment which attracts all the usual benefits you would expect.