Our Client, a global manufacturer with their manufacturing centre in Ilminster, are currently looking for a Production Engineer.
The client makes a large number of products for various sectors such as the aerospace, defence and life science industries; with extremely exciting projects successfully rolled out and some extremely exciting projects in the pipeline.
The main purpose of the job is to hold responsibility for the introduction of new parts into current manufacturing processes including documentation, tooling, equipment and procedures. Maintaining current and fixing of the legacy-manufacturing environment. Working as a member of a team within a dynamic production environment, aiming for joint objectives and AS9100 accreditation.
Main duties of the Production Engineer:
- Maintain and improve current manufacturing processes.
- Review and develop the manufacturing processes for new parts.
- Attendance of MRB, investigation and solving of current production process issues.
- Ensure production processes and SOP’s efficiently utilize materials, methods and personnel.
- Design and manage the introduction of new tooling.
- Participate in PFMEA and capability/repeatability improvement.
- Maintaining of H&S risk assessments.
Desired experience of a Production Engineer:
- Flexible approach to working to meet project deadlines.
- Proven capability to learn and implement new skills and processes.
- Attention to detail and understanding of the business environment.
- Ability / robustness to self-prioritise work packages within a dynamic agile NPI Environment.
- Process investigation and problem solving.
- Experience participating in PFMEA/control plan development.
- Experience in the use of 3D Drawing packages.
- Awareness of glass machining and polishing, thin film coating, machining of metals, painting, powder coating, plating and conversion coating, latest manufacturing philosophies, preferred not required.
- The desire to assist production staff when required.
What is offered the the Production Engineer in return:
- Salary around £30-35K
- 37 hours per week
- 8.30-16.30 M-Th, 8.30-16.00 F
- 26 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Company pension pays 6%
- Company bonus scheme
- Onsite parking
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Long service and staff recognition awards
- Operating safely to Covid and have a good health and safety record