One Step Recruitment have the pleasure of working with a local independent business based near Yeovil who are currently hiring for a Multi-Disciplined Production Development Engineer on a permanent and full time basis.
The company modify motor vehicles and they are one of Europe’s premium brands for their sector.
The main purpose of this Multi-Disciplined Production Development Engineer role will be to work closely with the development design team to pursue the prototyping and development of new sub-assemblies for various manufacturer of motor vehicle. This will include the reverse engineering of sub-assemblies, such as the suspension structures, and working with the design team to redesign them for the company’s finish products. Once the Sub assemblies are designed and confirmed for production you will then be responsible for the training of production staff on processes for assembly and production.
- Prototype part production using proven fabricating skills.
- MIG/TIG Welding of aluminium, mild and stainless steels.
- Ability to read and follow engineering drawings.
- Good mechanical aptitude.
- Problem solving.
- Pride in producing high quality work with excellent attention to detail.
- Machining: lathes, milling machines and drills (desirable but not essential).
- CAD experience: 3D Inventor, 2D AutoCAD, Vault (desirable but not essential).
- LEAN techniques (desirable but not essential).
This Multi-Disciplined Production Development Engineer job is a full time and permanent opportunity.
- Working Monday to Friday, contracted to 40hrs per week.
- Salary is depending on experience
- Excellent culture within the company staff.
- Perfect for an engineer who enjoys the reverse engineering and development of new mechanical systems.
- Based at their purpose built facility in the South of Yeovil area.
If you are interested in the opportunity hit the apply button now or call Sam Scriven at One Step Recruitment in Taunton now.
Key words: Multi-Disciplined Production Development Engineer, multi-skilled engineer, maintenance engineer, development engineer, test engineer.