Our Client, a global manufacturer with their global headquarters based in Chard, are currently looking for a Category Buyer – Manufacturing industry experience necessary for this opportunity.
The client makes a large number of products for various transportation systems; with extremely exciting projects successfully rolled out and some extremely exciting projects in the pipeline.
The main purpose of this Category Buyer – Manufacturing job is to manage the supplier base in order to obtain the necessary improvements, to achieve purchasing performance for the commodity, and protect the company against unfavourable market trends.
- Build Purchasing strategy plan and follow-up and monitor the sourcing action plans.
- Participate in the elaboration of the global and local purchasing budgets.
- Optimize working capital needs, decrease the level of inventories.
- Guarantee purchasing performance for the commodity (working capital, Delivery, Contractual obligations, Costs).
- Consult, negotiate, select and contract the supplier on every need of the commodity.
- Define and lead the purchasing actions to increase profitability of the projects.
- Design and realize comprehensive industrial schemes to develop spend in Low Cost Countries and improve TCO.
- Anticipate project needs.
- Participate pro-actively in make-or-buy and outsourcing decisions.
The Candidate We Are Ideally Looking For
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience.
- Experienced in project purchasing, skilled negotiator, ideally within a manufacturing environment.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills.
- Experience in managing and improving supplier performance.
- Knowledge of end to end business process.
- Knowledge of manufacturing cycle and procurement interfaces.
- Ability to respond in a pressured environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
Extremely competitive salary which is depending on experience and can be discussed openly prior to sending your CV to the client.
- Working Hours – 37.5 Hours – Monday – Thursday 0800 – 1700 (with 45 minute lunch) and Friday 0800 – 12.30.
Now back in the office in Chard full time.
- 35days annual leave including BHs.
- Extensive benefits package.
This exceptional opportunity does not become available very often so if you are interested please HIT THE APPLY BUTTON NOW.
If you would like to know more about this Category Buyer – Manufacturing opportunity please contact Sam Scriven at One Step Recruitment in Taunton.